Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rude awakening...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person. Not even a little. So I want it on record that it is 6-something in the morning and I am up and attempting to write coherent thoughts.

A friend once told me that God sometimes wakes her up in the middle of the night. I found that a little strange, since the only thing that wakes me up is my sinuses or the sounds of snoring. But this morning I have no excuses, and having gone to bed at 2am, waking up at 5am - this could only be God.

Like little Samuel in the temple, I ask God what He wants. Samuel had a better attitude - "Here am I, Lord." I'm not that nice when I first wake up - "Come on, Lord - only 3 hours of sleep? I have to work today!" I'm glad He sees through my words to their intent.

So, after some prayer and reading, I am beginning to see the value of morning devotions. I am ready to face the challenges of today with my heart in the right place. You'll have to excuse me now - the coffeemaker is calling my name...

No comments: