Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Welcome

So I'm starting a blog. For a long time now I have maintained that computer communication is not a substitute for actual human relationships. And all the while, I have been selfishly indulging in the blogs of others - some friends, some family, some strangers. I have been entertained, encouraged, and challenged - and none of my relationships have suffered.

It is also a sad truth that I don't have enough time to really have in-depth conversations with many of the people whose lives touch mine. We are such busy people these days. It seems I sometimes even invite distraction into my life to avoid things I don't want to deal with. Typical Jonah syndrome, I guess.

I am not prone to long sessions of deep-thinking, but more often random, stream-of-consciousness thoughts. I don't yet know what direction this blog will take, or how often I will post. Time will tell...

No comments: