Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reason for the title...

~Simply~
I find comfort in simplicity. So many times I make things harder than they really are. So many times I have learned profound lessons from simple-minded children - Jesus says His kingdom belongs to these beautiful little ones in Matthew 19. So when I feel overwhelmed by some intellectual theological discussion and I just can't wrap my mind around it, I just thank God that it is not my mental capacity, but rather His grace, that brings me closer to Him.

~E~
My husband is the only one that ever calls me "E." I'm not sure where he came up with it, but the more I think about it, the more it fits. E is a common letter - not very effective on its own, but it is highly used and its presence can change a whole word. At the front of the word, it is a dynamic leader - e-mail, e-bay, e-commerce. At the end it is more of a silent supporter, but it still changes the word. And so I am "E" - better when partnered with others, and though I have led from the front, I prefer the role of silent supporter.

No comments: