Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I know it's been awhile...

Oh dear blog, I've thought about you often, but haven't really had a lot to say. I get this idea in my head and never follow the thoughts to completion, so I convince myself it's not worth writing about. Let me tell you about the last year or so.

I'm a mom...again. Wasn't sure I was ready to do it all over again, and can't really say I enjoyed being pregnant. But I am in love with little Ben, and it is so fun to compare him to baby Kate. He is so sweet & beautiful - Rick is already using him as leverage to have more. I'm not sure what to think about that yet.

Kate has 4 months until she officially becomes a teenager. She is gorgeous, and I am so glad she has yet to go boy-crazy like some of her friends. She & Rick seem to be getting along a little better these days, and she does seem to like Ben when he's not crying or smelly. :) She spends a lot of time on the cell phone with her friends, discussing the latest social scandal, but never really seems to be in the middle of any of them. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that's really true...

As for me, I'm going green. I can't pinpoint what happened, but at some point in my pregnancy with Ben, I became obsessed with living a more natural, environment-friendly lifestyle. My new slogan is "Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without." I am FB fans of sites like Treehugger, participate in Meatless Mondays, and read books about Raw Milk laws. We no longer buy laundry detergent, household cleaners, and very soon we will be done with disposable diapers. More recently I've been trying my hand at homemade bath products - couple of failed attempts at lotions, but have lip balm down pretty well. :) Next goal is to get rid of napkins & paper towels...

Rick is still the best husband ever. He lets me be who I am, encourages my crazy ideas (most of them anway), and just loves me. We are a good team, as long as it's not a home improvement project! :)

Well that's it for now - a lot more going on outside our little family, but gotta leave something to write about later. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Rick Wetli said...

I think you're pretty swell yourself ;)

Love,

Me